Uniquely Cats® Veterinary Services
Coronavirus Safety Protocols
We appreciate everyone’s continued support and understanding during this past year, while we had our doors closed to protect both the staff and our clients from COVID-19. Because of the strict protocols and conscientious staff, we made it through with only one team member catching the virus. To say it was a difficult and trying year for everyone is an understatement. We are so happy that we live in a country where we have been fortunate enough to receive COVID vaccinations. This isn’t true in so many parts of the world, and we are happy to say that all of the Uniquely Cats staff has now been vaccinated!
We have missed seeing your smiling faces! We are beginning the process of opening up our doors again to clients. It will be a phased re-opening in order for us to smooth out the workflow within the hospital which will allow us to provide you the high level of service you are accustomed to. Beginning June 8th we will start by allowing existing clients with an unwell cat into the building. We will continue the phased reopening by adding wellness exams for existing clients and lastly, we will add new client appointments. We will continue to offer distance appointments for any appointment type if you are not comfortable with an in-person appointment, as well as for clients who are ill, recently exposed, or unvaccinated.
Whether your appointment is in-person or you are bringing your cat for a distance appointment, all clients coming into the lobby or vestibule must wear a mask.
All clients coming into the building for an in-person appointment will need to wear a mask and attest to these COVID-19 statements:
● I have been fully vaccinated according to CDC guidelines, at least 14 days ago.
● I do not personally have any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other contagious disease.
● I have not had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or has symptoms of COVID-19 within the prior 10 days.
● I have been free of any COVID-19 symptoms for at least the past 10 days.
● If in the next 10 days I or someone in my household tests positive for COVID-19, I will contact Uniquely Cats at email@example.com to inform them.
Clients coming to the hospital for an in-person appointment can expect the following:
● Clients are asked to wait in the vestibule until a staff member allows them into the lobby.
● Clients will sign the COVID-19 attestation form.
● A staff member will lead clients to an examination room.
● Clients are asked to remain seated in the exam room throughout the entire appointment in order to maintain 6-foot social distancing between the staff and themselves.
● Clients will be checked out in the exam room.
● At the conclusion of the appointment, clients will follow the arrows on the floor and exit
out the side door.
All clients with distance appointments will continue to bring their cat into the vestibule, where a staff member will meet you and pick up your cat for the appointment.
Our staff will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing, and we will continue our COVID cleaning protocols. Of course, this is a plan, and as with all plans, it is subject to change based on current guidelines. Even the best-laid plans often do not survive contact with reality, so we ask your patience during this transitional period, as we work out any kinks in the new system. We hope we do not have to go back to a more restricted situation, but we are prepared to do so if it becomes necessary.
We look forward to seeing you in person soon!